How Much Weight Can You Lose in 30 Days?
If you want to lose weight quickly in a month or 30 days, this post will help you understand how to make it effective.
It is anybody’s dream to have a perfect body. But weight gain can be troublesome.
People around the world would want to test out different methods of shedding extra pounds the quickest way possible. Often it comes down to lifestyle and food choices.
Losing weight in a month tips
The equation is simple. The more calories you eat than you burn, the more likely you are to gain weight. Losing weight takes time. It can be simple for others, and while it can be hard at the same time.
Here are several factors that you have to consider to have an effective weight loss in a month.
1. Calorie Intake
Calorie refers to the energy you get from food. The macronutrients carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are the primary sources of energy. In weight reduction, this is an essential factor that you have to keep track of.
The calories you eat will either undergo two conversions:
- Calories are burned to physical energy
- Calories are converted to body fat as stored energy if physical activity is low
This is why you must know your total calorie requirement. You can ask a licensed dietitian to help you compute your nutritional needs.
Stored calories will remain in your body unless you increase your physical activity. Or, you’ll have to reduce your calorie intake so that your body will utilize the reserves for energy.
2. Physical activity
Physical activity comes at different levels of intensity, starting from bed rest, sedentary, light, medium, and heavy.
According to research, weight-loss interventions such as following a proper diet and increasing physical activity are effective weight loss strategies.
According to a study, there is a correlation between sleep and weight gain.
If you consistently lack sleep, the more likely you are storing more fat and take in more calories. You might end up eating excess amounts of food that may lead to weight gain.
Get enough sleep up to eight hours so that your body will function properly throughout the day and can maintain healthy weight levels.
Studies reveal that stress is a contributing factor to weight gain. And chronic stress can significantly influence one’s food intake.
The more stress you are, the your body will find a way to cope up. One of the possible tendencies that happen is to overeat, adding more unnecessary extra calories to your body.
It is essential to manage your stress and find the best way to cope with it healthily.
How much weight can you lose in 30 days?
In just a month, if you are consistently following a healthy weight loss diet and exercise, you’ll be able to lose from 4 to 8 pounds per week (1.8-3.6kg per week).
One pound (0.4kg) is equal to approximately 3,500 calories. In the estimate, you will need to burn 3,500 calories per week to lose one pound.
How many calories can you burn based on the weight you can lose?
You can safely cut down your total calorie intake to between 500 and 1000 calories per day. That is equivalent to losing 1 to 2 pounds per week as a healthy goal.
What are the best exercises for losing weight in 30 days?
Along with a healthy weight loss diet, you have to consider getting more involved in physical activities.
Exercise is an effective strategy for weight loss management, especially for those who are consistent in maintaining a regular regimen.
Exercising will help increase your metabolism and lose excess weight. Here are examples of exercises that can help you lose weight.
How many calories does each exercise burn?
Each kind of exercise varies the number of calories burned depending on your body weight, intensity, and duration.
For a 155-pound person, here is how much he/she can burn calories in a 30-minute exercise duration:
|Type of exercise||Calories burned|
|General weight lifting||112 calories|
|Water aerobics||149 calories|
|Low impact aerobics||205 calories|
|High impact aerobics||260 calories|
|Cycling (stationary bike)||260 calories|
|Elliptical training||335 calories|
|Dancing (disco, ballroom)||205 calories|
|Walking (13 min/mile)||186 calories|
|Running (12min/mile)||298 calories|
|Rope Jumping||372 calories|
The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you can burn.
What are some tips in losing weight quickly in 30 days?
- Eat a variety of nutrient-dense and low-calorie foods for weight loss. Increase your fruits and vegetable intake.
- Monitor your total calorie intake and be mindful of what you eat. Make sure you are not eating excessively
- Keep a food diary or a record of your food consumption
- Engage in physical activity or exercise that you will enjoy. Don’t make it boring!
- Drink more water instead of high caloric beverages
- Plan your meals ahead of time
- Surround yourself with excellent social support
- Manage your stress properly
- Get enough sleep
- Abstain from alcohol and other vices
Precautions of losing weight in 30 days
- Avoid fad diets. The worst foods are the ones that give the fastest results.
- Don’t starve yourself thinking you’ll burn more calories by doing it.
- Choose an exercise program that your body can handle. Listen to your body and know when to stop exercising to avoid accidents and injuries.
- Seek an expert on diet and exercise before you start your weight loss journey.
- Consult your doctor if ever you have a medical condition before you go on a weight loss diet and exercise.
- Wear comfortable and breathable clothes and shoes when you exercise.
- Steer away from weight loss supplements. It is better to do the natural way of losing weight.
To lose weight effectively, determine how many calories you can cut-off from your diet. It’s up to you to decide, with the help of a diet expert, if you wish you lose 1 or 2 pounds per week.
You must have a real meal and exercise plan to achieve your weight goals. Establish good dietary habits and stay focus on getting more physically active.
Whether or not you see changes in your weight 30 days, don’t stop! It doesn’t end there.
You must continue to maintain that healthy habit that you have started and made it part of your life. Or else, you’ll end up having a relapse.
Don’t forget that this is a journey. You are not losing weight to punish yourself. Just enjoy and take your time. Be a little more patient and don’t give up on your goals. Because in the end, it will always be worth it.