7 Best Exercises To Lose Belly Fat At Home For Beginners
Exercises play a critical role if you want to lose belly fat.
Belly or abdominal fat is visceral fat that accumulates around different organs, such as the liver, intestines, and stomach.
Abdominal fat can have a serious impact on your overall health.
Numerous studies show that belly fat higher the risk for several cardiovascular diseases, type 3 diabetes, and other mental health conditions.
You can measure your abdominal fat by measuring your midsection and belly button with the help of a tape.
Higher than 40 inches in men and more than 35 inches in women is not considered healthy abdominal fat.
In this post, we will discuss some of the best exercises you can do at home to lose belly fat for beginners.
Let’s dive in!
Burpees are an effective body pose to keep your body muscles in motion.
The polymetric jumping action of burpees can help you burn visceral fat and torch calories more effectively.
Consistency and regularity in the burpee sessions are the keys to tailored results.
How to do burpees:
- Stand with your feet and drop your body towards the ground, sending your hips back.
- Place your hands outside of your feet and hop the feet back while allowing your torso to reach the ground.
- Press your palms to get yourself into plank position and jump your feet outside of the hands
- Jump energetically into the air with your arms overhead
If you’re doing burpee sessions the right way, nothing can stop you from shedding your extra belly fat.
2. Air Squats
Squats recruit several muscles across the body including your core and abdominal area.
Also, squats are load-bearing exercises that require high periods of joint stabilization.
Not only does this help to activate the glutes, but also it strengthens your core muscles and bones.
Here’s how to do Squats:
- To start, keep your feet shoulder-width apart and stand comfortably on them
- Push your buttock backward, as if taking a seat
- Squat taking the position as if you are sitting with your buttocks back
- Keep your posture as steady and straight as possible as you do this
- As you squat, keep the pressure on the heels and not the toes.
- Add some resistance to this or pause midway for about two seconds and get back up
3. Turkish Get-Up
This is one of our favorite at-home exercises to lose belly fat, especially for beginners.
The Turkish get-up is slightly complicated as it involves using a kettlebell.
How to do a Turkish Get-Up
- Lie on your side, holding the kettlebell in your hand
- Press the kettlebell towards the ceiling by rolling onto your back
- Bend your one knee and roll to the left elbow
- Do a low sweep by lifting your hips slightly
- Make your upper erect by raising your torso
- Take a deep breath and stand up by gripping the floor with your toes
Sprawl is a modified form of the burpee.
This exercise involves all your body muscles to burn extra fat while toning your abs and upper and lower body.
How to do Sprawls:
- Stand straight with your feet a little distance apart
- Place your hands next to your feet on the feet
- Get yourself into a plank position, keeping knees, shoulders, and hip straight.
- Jump energetically, keeping your body upright
5. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are an excellent modification for static push-up exercises that can help you shed your extra belly fat.
It is an effective exercise to involve your belly muscles and burn more calories.
Mountain climber exercise can help you tone the entire body-legs, upper body, and glutes.
To practice this exercise:
- Go into a high plank position
- Place your wrists directly under your shoulders
- Draw your belly button towards the spine, keeping your right knee towards the chest
- Repeat the process with alternating sides
Crunches are proven physical poses to burn more calories and reduce belly fat.
This exercise keeps your abdominal muscles in motion and helps burn the extra fat surrounding your stomach and abdomen.
How to do Crunches:
- Lay on your back with legs bent at 90 degrees
- Place your hands behind the neck
- Lift your shoulders and squeeze your belly muscles, holding them for 1 to 2 seconds
- Return to the original position slowly.
You can twist stomachs and side-bends with crunches to make your workouts more fun and challenging.
7. Vertical Leg Exercises
Vertical leg exercises are useful to burn belly fat and increase muscle volume, strength, and stability.
They involve your belly muscles in hard movements, melting extra belly fat.
How to do vertical leg exercise:
- Lay on your back and place your hands below your hip
- Slowly lift your legs straight at 90 degrees, keeping your knees straight
- Pause for 1-to 2 seconds while your feet are pointing to the roof
- Lower your legs, back down, and exhale out
- Repeat the exercise several times
8. Russian Twist
The Russian twist aims to enhance your obliques and reduce belly fat.
It is a core muscle exercise that significantly involves the movement of several body muscles.
How to do Russian Twist:
- Sit tall on the mat with legs off the ground and knees bent
- Hold a ball at chest height and lean back at a 45-degree angle
- Press muscles to push out through your right side
- Turn left by pressing your muscles and return to the starting position
What are the causes of excess belly fat?
Several factors, such as an imbalanced diet, lack of exercise, and genital and some environmental factors, may trigger the development of belly fat.
- Changes and fluctuations in your hormonal health can cause belly fat accumulation
- Taking more calories than you burn off may also trigger the accumulation of abdominal fat
- Genetics can also cause belly fat as genes control how quickly you feel full and how your body burns calories.
- The loss of estrogen hormone at menopause can also cause the accumulation of belly fat in women
- Lack of exercise and movement may also result in unhealthy belly fat
- An irregular sleep cycle can be a reason you’ve gained belly fat
- Smoking, drinking, and use of specific medications may also cause the accumulation of belly fat
Belly fat can trigger numerous cardiovascular diseases and physical health problems.
Lack of movement and exercise, imbalanced diet, and hormonal imbalance can cause unhealthy belly fat.
You can use the above-mentioned workout to shed your extra abdominal fat.